At the Eye Surgery Center of San Francisco, we offer MicroPulse Laser Therapy to safely and effectively treat patients with retinal disorders and open-angle glaucoma. MicroPulse works by electronically “chopping” the continuous-wave laser emission used in conventional laser treatment, into trains of tiny, repetitive, low energy pulses separated by a brief rest period in between. This “micropulsing” allows the tissue to cool between laser pulses, preventing damage. MicroPulse laser therapy also can be used in conjunction with drug therapy, allowing complete and optimized management of retinal diseases and glaucoma without laser-induced damage.
Benefits of MicroPulse Laser Therapy
- Increased visual success compared to conventional laser treatment
- Physician can more precisely control the laser on targeted tissues
- Less chance of tissue burns and scarring than conventional laser treatment
- Increased patient comfort and satisfaction
- Outpatient procedure
- Painless, requiring only anesthetic eye drops
- Can be repeated as necessary without harm to the patient’s vision
Ask one of our doctors if you are a candidate for this revolutionary procedure.